Promote With your own personal News Site
Here is a proven way to easily start your own local news website. Techniques for profits are unlimited. You will be a الشوفان الصحية well liked person in your community, a leader, and a known mover and shaker. Best of all, your news site costs you less than a weekend on the town.
Your news site will be nothing many short news stories anyone can write themselves, a few photos, and some simple homemade videos on Youtube.
That is all you need.
In this article I’m going to show you how to create your news site. But first, let me tell you why Now is the perfect time to start.
The news business is HUGE. Newspapers used to suck up 80 percent of the advertising dollars in any city, leaving the crumbs to TV and radio. The news industry was a cushy world for a long time. I worked in the news biz for 20 years, so i speak from experience.
But then Two Very Awful Things Happened
- The internet came along and Google Ads started catching millions in ad dollars. Big companies learned they could get results faster and cheaper with pay-per-click than with expensive newspaper ads.
- The great Recession dried up revenues and city newspapers with all their hundreds of employees and expensive facilities starting going belly up. The news “depression” started in 2006 and continues to get worse.
Today many towns and cities simply don’t have a lot of a newspaper anymore. They have reduced staffs, less news, and their websites mostly pull in news from out-of-town services. It looks like news, but it isn’t vital to local residents. To make matters worse, TV and radio largely “borrow” their news from newspapers.
Here Comes Your Opportunity
Where there is trouble, there is even greater opportunity. Big expensive news organizations are usually now being replaced by small groups of people, sometimes as small as a single person.
A by yourself driver, working alone or with a few helpers, can turn out a terrific news product at amazingly low cost. That leaves lots of room for profits.
There is plenty of room for a good news website that reports positive stories, interesting happenings, and helps promote local business.
How to Create Your own News Site in 6 Simple steps
- Get a website that includes your city or area’s name.
- Create a clean, fast-loading website with a column for a business story, a center column for a local news story, and another side column for society and school news.
- In the bottom of the page, include a couple of videos you made and posted on Youtube. These can be short, simple videos of local places and happenings. People Love to find videos of local places on Youtube. Be sure to write a title, description, and keywords that include the name of your city, where your video came about, and even names of men and women in the video.
- Update your news website once every week or two. Save the old news page in a folder for “recent news. ” Backlink to your old news from the home-page. Be determined and keep putting up news. The more and longer you post, the more results you will get.
- Mention just as many local names and places as you can. The first thing any person puts into google search is their own name.
- Have a link or banner that goes to your advertising site or page. Offer to include a story on a local business along with a Youtube video, and perform the service for a fee. This is where you will make most of your money. As you get known around town as the news person, all kinds of possibilities for profit will materialize.
This setup gives search engines a lot to chew on. Your Youtube videos and news stories are good, interesting local content that will eventually spread all over Google.
I keep a cheap Flip video camera in my coat pocket. As i run around town on my daily tasks, I look for anything I can shoot a quick video of. The super simple software that provide the Flip lets me manage the video and load it up on Youtube with a few clicks.
Right now the brightest minds in news are feverishly searching for new business models. This business plan is tailor made for the by yourself driver. Best of all, it’s super cheap and easy to do.